Thursday, July 4, 2013

Part 2 of my US haul

 And here's the continuation to part 1 of my haul.

I didn't realize how many base and top coats I bought until this post. I actually only meant to get the Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat but here's what I ended up with:

Sally Hansen Complete Care Extra Moisturizing 4-in-1 Treatment
Hmm, this is supposed to strengthen, moisturize and help nails grow faster. I have only used it twice so I can't say for sure whether it works as advertised.
Sally Hansen - Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat
I went to Target, couldn't find any OPI base coats so I went with this. It is pretty decent and I love the brush!

Sally Hansen - Insta-Dri Anti-chip Top Coat
I like this top coat. I would use it for every day manicures. It dries a little slower than the Seche Vite but who cares?! A few more seconds of drying time don't matter to me.

Orly - Matte Top Coat
This is my first matte top coat ever. I used to look at matte nail art and think they were the coolest things ever but somehow once I applied this on my own nails, I didn't really like the look of it. I think I'm more of a super glossy top coat finish kind of girl. Maybe I'll give it a few more shots - see if I can appreciate the finish.

Orly - Bonder Rubberized Base Coat
I actually bought this as a nod to my mom's old Orly Bonder Base Coat which is what I first used when I was younger. Orly's bottles are way huge which is great because I won't have to run around looking for a new base coat once the others run out.

Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat

Ahah! For all the hype that people make about Seche Vite's Top Coat, the print sure came off the bottle fast. I'm kidding. It's great and really works - seals everything in super quick! The smell is strong though and I don't think it's 3-free?? Still, I wish I'd gotten the huge refill bottle. I've been getting back into the swing of nail art and I've been using this Seche Vite as a top coat for the designs. This definitely beats the heck out of local top coat. ;)


Also, Happy 4th of July to those celebrating!

Random fact: I followed a link to Bonnie McKee's new video American Girl yesterday. The song is mehhh to me but I love a video with fun cameos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I love reading comments - they make my day! I always and eventually reply to comments because I appreciate receiving feedback.
If you're reading an old post of mine and love it, don't hesitate to comment. I love seeing love for my designs/posts no matter when I post them.
If you like my blog, please feel free to follow me on Twitter, Tumblr or Pinterest as well. xx