Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summery Tribal Nail Art

Before I get to the tribal nail art that I did, I have to show you want I did on my right hand.

Taken outdoors

Blurry goodness, I love it.
Taken outdoors

I used China Glaze - Exotic Encounters for all my fingers except for my ring finger which was China Glaze - Kalahari Kiss.

Then I just slathered on two coats of China Glaze - Fairy Dust and a chunkier glitter polish to create a fun glitter fest. Give me glitterrrrr!

I striped on two coats of Orly - Glowstick over Kalahari Kiss because on its own, it doesn't complement my skin tone nicely.

And here is what I did on my left hand:

Taken in natural sunlight

Taken in natural sunlight

Taken indoors under dim lighting

The polishes I used: Love & Beauty - pale blue, Sally Hansen - Mint Sprint, Orly - Liquid Vinyl, nameless red-orange polish and China Glaze - Elephant Walk (ring finger).

The first two pictures were without top coat so that's why they look a bit gritty. After one coat of Seche Vite, everything sealed in and looked smooth.

It was my first time using a striper brush. I always hesitated to use it because I was afraid that I wouldn't have a good control of such a skinny brush but I think the lines turned out okay for a first-timer LOL. No major crooked lines or such.

I just noticed that my tribal nails are always relatively uncomplicated. There's nothing too complex about the designs because I like them to be doable within a reasonable amount of time.

How do you like your tribal nails?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. I love reading comments - they make my day! I always and eventually reply to comments because I appreciate receiving feedback.
If you're reading an old post of mine and love it, don't hesitate to comment. I love seeing love for my designs/posts no matter when I post them.
If you like my blog, please feel free to follow me on Twitter, Tumblr or Pinterest as well. xx